Nanro by Michael Tang
0 Flares 0 Flares ×
or solve online (using our beta test of Penpa-Edit tools; use the tab key to alternate between shading and number entry modes)
Theme: L Tetrominoes
Author/Opus: This is the 10th puzzle from guest contributor Michael Tang.
Rules: Standard Nanro rules.
Difficulty: 1.5 stars
Time Standards (highlight to view): Grandmaster = 0:50, Master = 1:30, Expert = 3:00
Solution: PDF; a solution video is also available here.
Note: Follow this link for Nanro puzzles on this website and this link for variations on Nanro puzzles. If you are new to this puzzle type, here are our easiest Nanro Puzzles to get started on. More Nanro puzzles can be found in A Number o’ Nanro by Prasanna Seshadri.
My first Nanro solved … remarkable construction using only L tetrominos …
Also my first Nanro solved, I find difficult to understand rules in 1 go, so had to go back to other Nanro´s.
Would love rules to be numbered or by bullet points.
1. Label some cells with numbers to form a single connected group of labeled cells;
2. No 2×2 group of cells may be fully labeled.
3. Each bold region must contain at least one labeled cell.
4. Each number (including any given numbers) must equal the total count of labeled cells in that region.
5. When two numbers are orthogonally adjacent across a region boundary, the numbers must be different.
Note: While not required, it may be helpful to shade in the unused cells
Another part of the rules that wasn’t immediately clear to me is that you don’t need to have all labeled cells in a region be touching.