(view directly for a larger image)
Theme: Clue Symmetry and Logic
Author/Opus: This is the 137th puzzle from our contributing puzzlemaster Serkan Yürekli.
Rules: Standard Tight Fit Sudoku rules with digits from 1-9. There are five grids with these extra rules:
– Even/Odd (upper-left): Digits in circles must be odd and digits in squares must be even.
– No Touch (upper-right): Digits cannot repeat in diagonally adjacent cells (both digits in any “tight fit” cell are considered when checking presence in a diagonally adjacent cell).
– Irregular (center): Instead of 3×2 borders, the bold regions are irregularly shaped (and colored in cyan).
– Anti-Knight (lower-left): Digits cannot repeat in any cells separated by a chess knight’s move (both digits in any “tight fit” cell are considered when checking for presence in a cell a knight’s move away).
– Killer (lower-right): There are some dotted cages; the number clues given with these cages indicate the sum of all digits in the cage. Digits cannot repeat within a given cage.
Answer String: Enter the 2nd row in the even/odd from left to right, followed by a comma, followed by the 4th row in the no touch from left to right, followed by a comma, followed by the 3rd row in the irregular from left to right, followed by a comma, followed by the 5th row in the anti-knight from left to right, followed by a comma, followed by the 6th row in the killer from left to right. (Note: for the tight fit cells, enter the top before the bottom as would be normal for the read order.)
Time Standards (highlight to view): Grandmaster = 22:30, Master = 40:00, Expert = 1:20:00